Monday, November 2, 2015

Is This National Cat Day

If today is National Cat day it's news to me. I read a blurb about it on a cat blog. The article was titled, "5Ways To Celebrate National Cat Day". There were 18 pictorial slides to flip through but I wasn't that interested.

I don't own a cat; never have, never will. If I wanted a pet I'd go for either a goldfish or a dog. The only difference between those two is when the first one dies nobody cares. They both have to be fed although bread crumbs for a fish isn't going to take a bite out of your budget. I've always told myself if I did get another dog it'd be a Beagle instead of, let's say, a Labrador Retriever. I'd much rather pick up Tootsie Rolls than Ballpark Franks.

My first landlady in the hamlet of New Hartford, Iowa had a special way of celebrating Cat Day.(Or any day when kittens were around. She'd grab a hatchet, gingerly place the little puss on a tree stump and THA-WOMP! The kitty was instantly in cat heaven.

Others I have known do their cat celebrating in a different way. Step 1: grab a gunny sack. Step 2: place cat and or kitty inside said bag. Step 3: throw in river. The cat now becomes food for another cat, a catfish.

It's ecologically sound don't you think?

No comments: