Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Is Tom Brady A Big Deal

So, Tom Brady was suspended. Big deal. Is it more newsworthy than if Iran develops a nuclear weapon? That's for you to decide. Personally, I could care less.

I find it fascinating that sports is the most important facet of American life. I have friends who don't understand why I'm not involved in fantasy baseball. A person picks what he thinks are really good players and at the end of the year, based on their statistics, you could win money. I'd rather eat raw acorns than do this and I know more baseball strategy than 90% of the citizenry.

Tom Brady was suspended for four games(his appeal will probably bring it down to two) and the Patriots will lose a first round draft choice. Oh my God, it's the end of the world!

If the story is true, that Brady had his football deflated(not like detonating the bomb dropped on Hiroshima) then he's in big trouble.

So, what is worse? There's a fella named Ray Rice who drug his then girlfriend down a hotel hallway like he was caveman. Adrian Petersen, running back of the Minnesota Vikings used physical force to spank his baby boy. They still play in the NFL.

I have a real problem with this scenario. Pete Rose, the all-time leading hitter in baseball received a life time ban for betting on baseball. Okay, I understand this. But, he bet on other teams, not his own.
That I do not understand.

Now, consider the number of players who used illegal drugs, steroids as enhancement performance drugs. Barry Bonds, one of these, will be in the Baseball Hall of Fame. As for Pete Rose, unless the new commissioner has a change of mind, will be signing autographs at a Buick dealership for the rest of his life.

Sports--I don't understand it.

No comments: