Tuesday, May 5, 2015

And You Wonder Why I Left Teaching

In twenty years of high school teaching I came across some doozies. One of my parents threw a kegger for juniors and seniors. They thought I was living in the Dark Ages for being so clueless as to what was wrong with that scenario.

Well, in Pennsylvania, they're at it again.

"Highlands superintendent Michael Bjalobok told Channel 11 he put the kibosh on a post prom fundraiser put on by parents both because the $500 beer gift card top prize sent a bad message(ya' think), and it wasn’t approved by school officials".
http://eagnews.org/high-school-offers-prom-raffle-prize-500-gift-card-for-beer/

Trust me when I say the students didn't drive me out of the classroom. It was good ol' mom and dad who applied their collective feet to the pedal.

No comments: