Friday, September 12, 2014

B-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r

Northern Minnesota experienced a frost early this morning. As Will Rogers would have said all I know is what I read in the papers and that's how I learned about it.. I was snuggled up under two blankets and a quilt all night long. I'm quirky that way because I keep the windows open then hibernate under them. Try it some time. It's fun.
Off again on again blue skies are on todays schedule. It's 54 four degrees but seems like 64 since the winds are non-existent and the lake water is like glass. It's the perfect day to go bass fishing. I'll try my misfortune at Flower Pot Bay. It's five minutes across the lake by boat. I have to be careful entering the bay because large rocks can sneak up and destroy a boat motor. I've carelessly experienced that mishap before to the tune of a grand. In real money that's a thousand dollars.
Flower Pot is filled with a wide variety of reeds and below water foliage; the perfect habitat for the elusive lunkers. The best aspect of a calm water is I don't have to fight the boat to keep it in position. I can use a variety of lures throwing them in and around reedy obstructions. It's truly relaxing in this setting and I plan on the experience. I'll be out a couple of hours. Who knows, I might snag one or two. Yesterday I had two hits but jumped the gun on reeling them in. I must remember, as soon as the largemouth strikes, count to three before setting the hook. It's a skill one must practice. Wish me luck. In this lake it's what's needed most. Ten Mile Lake, our lake, is America's version of the Dead Sea.

No comments: