Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Dumbest Question Ever Asked By A News Reporter

Sitting in front of my doctors office yesterday a national affiliate broke into the Limbaugh Show to bring us the Robin Williams press conference. I get a kick out of these people. It's like they went to the School of asking Stupid Questions. I suspect it's an ego trip for them and extremely important to get their name and the name of their paper or station on the network. "Jim Idiot, ABC News, New York": Doctor, what did Williams look like while he was tethered to the rope? Stuff like that. This brings to mind the all-time dumbest quote in the history of news conferences. It was a follow up to the Mickey Mantle liver transplant and a reporter asked this gem, "What is the condition of the donor"? Even among his cohorts there was stunned silence then raucous laughter. Try as I might I've never been able to find the name of this clown.

No comments: