Saturday, April 12, 2014

This 'n That In And Around Dublin Ohio

What a beautiful community is the Emerald City of Dublin, Ohio. This morning was like a lazy summer day so I visited the driving range at my golf club. Afterwards, driving home, I took my secret route. Nobody knows about it except me--I thought. There is no traffic on this road and I was near my homeward bound cutoff backroad expecting to be home in twenty minutes. Unfortunately, there was an accident up ahead and the fifty cars in front of me were at a dead stop with nowhere to go. I decided to backtrack, making a U-turn on the opposite lane. The only alternative highway to our condo is Sawmill Road. It's a living nightmare. From Powell Road going south to the I-270 Freeway is four miles. Forty-five minutes later I was still on Sawmill. This street would rival anything Los Angeles has to offer.  Such patience needs to be rewarded. Please, God, before I go to bed tonight reward me. It should be noted that the interminable drive did not involve one tiny bit of swearing; not even a 'dang'.
The stop light at Sawmill and Seldom Seen Road turned red and so did I. Are you as sick of hearing Dr. Neil Clark Warren talk about all the wonderful marriages he's created with EHarmony? Why, the guy's a regular Marryin' Sam. The same goes for, is it All-State insurance, the one with the agent wearing khakis and it's three in the morning. Enough, please.
Have you ever considered how much gas is wasted by people waiting in line at fast food restaurants. Why is it they don't park, jump out of their cars and pick up their sandwiches then hurry back to their vehicles? All across the US this is happening every day creating a serious waste of money and fuel.
Were you aware that food prices have risen 18% in the last five years while incomes have gone up only 3%? It's a struggle to understand that in 2009 the price of gasoline was $1.87. This week I filled up at $3.80 and the bill came to over $52.00. WTVN radio in Columbus told me this.
On the radio last week there was a news story stating that from Dublin north for twenty miles to Delaware, Ohio is the fastest growing area in the United States. Do you know what that means to me? Higher taxes for schools, streets, fire and police services, etc., etc., etc. As much as I love Dublin and Columbus, Ohio(5th highest tax base in the country) I've come to a conclusion. Texas---here we come. They have my kind of taxes, people, weather and politics and best of all we'll be close to our Texas grandchildren.
At Sawmill and Hard Road Kirk Cameron entered my mind. He's the former child star from the TV show, Growing Pains. He's also an atheist turned Christian. I once heard him say about atheists: "How can they hate so much someone who doesn't exist"? It makes sense to me. It's sort of like hating Martians. Then, I thought about the existence of God. It's really quite simple. There's an order to our universe. We have the seasons; cold in winter and hot in summer except below the equator and then it's reversed.(If you want an easy out on this then look up Pascal's Wager) The sun rises in the east and sets in the west. Halley's Comet appears every 76 years on the same path in our sky. Without God planets and stars would be constantly crashing into each other and us.
My heart swells with joy when I see Special Olympics kids out on the street seeking donations. At a stoplight a sweet child with Down Syndrome was carrying a large bucket. Since I was in a far lane away from her it crossed my mind that I'd bypass the giving this one time; not putting her in the way of danger. I didn't want her to jump on front of other vehicles. She spied me looking at her and I could see that she was going scamper to my Mazda. She put her container close to and below my rolled down window and smiled the way only these children can do. After she took the cash I said, "Honey, be very careful going between cars". She casually told me not to worry and made it safely back to the median. There are two organizations, aside from my church, when I will open up my wallet; Special Olympics and the Salvation Army.
Driving pet peeve #389: How many times have you been in a left hand turning lane, let's say 10 cars back, waiting for the green arrow? The first two cars make the left turn at exactly at one-half mile per hour. Stage coach's in the Frontier Days were moving at mach speed compared to these drivers. It is infuriating.
It's in my best interest to stay away from writing about politics. I will continue borrowing from selected sites about the idiots in Washington but there will be no more opinion pieces about Obama, Holder, Michelle, Pelosi, Harry Reid, Al Sharpton, Dick Durbin, Maxine Watters, Charlie Rangel, Sheila Jackson Lee, Hank Johnson, Steny Hoyer, Jesse Jackson, Jr, Ed Schultz, Rachel Maddow---Whew! I'm worn out. Anyway, they're a waste of time and these commies make me buck nut crazy so why put myself through the torment.
Human interest stories, especially those I tell on myself, are more interesting to the general public. I hope it makes them feel better knowing there is a least one person more irresponsible, forgetful and confused than they. There is not a person alive who can do more silly things than I, past or present. Two days ago, at 11 AM, I purchased a $100 gift certificate to Red Lobster for my ex-boss's birthday. By noon I couldn't find it so today I went out and bought another. Some of you, the positive ones, will say, "It'll turn up". The realistic ones will remark". It's probably in the garbage that was picked up a day ago----and you'd be correct I'm sure.
If there is anyone out there who would like to edit my blogs please inform me of your grammatical skills. This piece has been edited numerous times and mistakes keep popping up.
And just think, none of these thoughts and actions wouldn't have occurred had I not found my way to that stupid Sawmill Road.

No comments: